Thursday, August 13, 2026

2026 Hugos - Best Professional Artist and Fan Artist Nominees

The 84th World Science Fiction Convention
August 27-31, 2026 in Anaheim, California


This was my first time voting in these categories – and it was not easy to make voting choices.  The styles and sometimes the media are varied.  For example, for Fan Artist, one nominee does knitting, another jewelry.  With each one, I went with my gut reactions to put them in a voting order.  Since I probably can't post the art without all the artists' permissions, I’ve added links to their names so you can visit their galleries.  For Fan Artist, a few only have Instagram links.  But visit them if you can; they are worth checking out.  For voting, I could only consider their work from 2025.  Here they are in my voting order:

Category: Best Professional Artist

John Picacio – This author and artist, along with author Leigh Bardugo, produced the book “The Invisible Parade,” which I adored. The color palette and shadow used to convey the different images was masterful. 

Tom Roberts: This artist produced a handful of glorious covers for books last year.  

Kelly Chong: Another artist with some glorious book covers.  

Tran Nguyen: Beautiful work in fantasy and with comic character images.

Dave Kellett: Author of the graphic novel “Drive,” with art a little reminiscent of Jhonen Vasquez

Lulu Chen: Another artist with gorgeous colors in her artwork.  Gives off very cozy vibes. 

Category: Best Fan Artist

Yuumei: Wonderful!  Unfortunately, I only have an Instagram link for them.

Richard Man: Wonderful artist, both fine arts and photography.

Geneva Bowers: Lovely, striking color mixing.

Sara Felix: mixed media and jewelry.  The tiaras are stunning.

Terri Ash: Terrific knitting art.

España Sheriff: Cool logos and interesting black and whites.


No comments:

Post a Comment